Real Estate Acquisition Criteria
19KV02 Search Requirements, to Satisfy IRS § 1031 Exchange
- Exchange requirement of approximately $4,500,000. Client will consider properties with values between $1,500,000 and $6,000,000.
- Client expects to close on disposed property in early July, 2019.
- Preference for properties within the greater San Francisco Bay Area. Client may consider extraordinary opportunities in Southern California, Nevada and Arizona.
- High-quality locations are of greatest importance.
- Newer industrial, office and retail; non-subordinated land leases.
- Client will consider multi-tenant, gross leased properties as well as single-tenant, NNN leased properties. Client may accept leasing risk.
- Brokers are protected. John Paxton is a licensed real estate broker, and is being paid by the client. He will not participate in any seller-paid compensation.
General, On-Going Acquisition Parameters
- $1 million to $25 million
- Within 100 miles of San Francisco
- Properties with potential for value-enhancement, that is, problems which can be solved, or potential which has been overlooked by the market.
- Development opportunities considered.
- Commercial timberlands (redwood, Douglas fir and yellow pine) anywhere within California.
Extraordinary opportunities expand my horizons